Wednesday 28 April 2010

East London Line

I am loving, loving, loving it. Today was due to meet NCT friend and fellow new mummy of two for lunch and running very late because HackneyBaby did a massive poo just as I was about to leave. But see, the East London line whisked me down a lift at Dalston Junction, sped me through Haggerston and Hoxton and deposited me on Bethnal Green Road (another lift!) in plenty of time to chow down on Thai green curry ( I really hope HackneyBaby is OK with this once it is translated into milk) on Brick Lane.

Meantime Hackney_bloke took HackneyChild on a ride to New Cross gate and back as he was sorely disappointed when we turned up for the launch yesterday and couldn't get into the station. This was because Boris Johnson was faffing about with dancers etc and generally taking credit for something which was nothing to do with him, as the Labour protesters standing outside were pointing out. I wanted to get a picture of BoJo and HackneyChild as they have very similar hair but it was not to be.

It's a shame there is no lift at Whitechapel station, it would be great to be able to get there quickly.

3 comments:

TEFL Ninja said...

Do kids come with a special bottom radar that knows just when to cause maximum kerfuffle ?

I think they might.

Virginia Rounding said...

Yes, I think the ELL is just lovely too.

Hackney Hackette said...

We were on it again today! Shadwell this time (to change to the DLR, I'm not sure if there is anything in Shadwell you'd actually go to specially. Maybe I am dissing Shadwell there though.)